|Date||April 7, 2017 - April 9, 2017|
|Venue||Artisan Guitar Show|
|Address||800 E. Park Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17111|
The Artisan Guitar Show is an opportunity for musicians, students, enthusiasts, music lovers, and luthiers to experience a showcase of the finest handcrafted guitars in the world and their makers. This entertaining and educational event is being presented at the Best Western Premier the Central Hotel Harrisburg Hershey Hotel.
This show will feature world-class handcrafted guitars and the eminently skilled guitar-makers who craft them. The names of these modern-day artisans are expected to one day grace the pages of history books along with Renaissance master violinmakers Amati, Stradivarius and Guarneri.
In addition to the showcase of the finest handcrafted guitars, the Artisan Guitar Show Historics display will feature rare vintage acoustic and electric guitars that are both culturally and historically significant. These instruments are derived from both the provenance of past owner/players and the literal historical context of the individual instruments.
The Artisan Guitar Show Concert Series will feature 16 great concert performances throughout the weekend with highly talented and respected musicians showcasing only the finest instruments being created. These performances will be diverse and will range from presentations by finger-style masters to players who make jazz arch top guitars sing.
Just as diverse are the educational workshops being presented as part of the Artisan Guitar Show Master Class Series. These master classes will provide historical background on the art of guitar making from industry legends. Workshops will explore the technical craft of guitar making with topics ranging from the art of the inlay to the importance of innovation in design.
Presentations on live performance, concert production in the festival environment, and recording studio techniques have been specifically developed.
The Artisan Guitar Show will have an international representation of industry professionals and will attract enthusiasts from a broad geographic area.
Speakers and Seminar topics include:
• Ken Parker of Ken Parker Archtops will be speaking on the importance of embracing innovation in the design and construction of artisan guitars.
• Dick Boak is greatly respected for his work at C.F. Martin & Co. and will be speaking on the history of the guitar and the significance of artisan guitar makers.
• Grit Laskin in of William Laskin Guitar Maker will speak on the art of the inlay.
• Marty Garcia is the founder and CEO of Future Sonics. More than 30 years ago, Marty developed the first custom personal monitor earphones and systems. He will speak on the use of in-ear systems for stage and studio.
• Rod Woodruff is an independent concert producer whose interest in live performance dates to the days of legends like Bill Graham and Barry Fey. Rod’s venue, The Legendary Buffalo Chip, has presented the finest touring acts in the world including Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, John Fogerty, Stevie Nicks and so many others. Rod will provide an anecdotal presentation on understanding the festival environment in America as we approach the 50th anniversary of Woodstock.